Experience the best version of you
First impressions count. Whether on a date or trying to land that dream job or simply hanging out with friends. If you are self-conscious of your smile, you could be closing up shop to the world. That’s why cosmetic dentistry can be so life-changing, giving you the confidence to #openup and experience life at its best.
Dental crowns are ideal for major changes in tooth shape, restoring functionality to a tooth, strengthening teeth that have been weakened by decay or trauma or protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment.
As fabricated, custom-made, tooth-shaped coverings that encase the whole tooth, crowns require a two-stage appointment and follow the same protocol as porcelain veneers.
Who would benefit from dental crowns?
A dental crown may be recommended for a wide variety of dental concerns:
- Large cavities in a tooth or significant decay that cannot be restored with a filling.
- Cracked, broken, or weakened teeth due to trauma or injury.
- Teeth that have undergone a root canal treatment.
- Improving the appearance of teeth that are misshapen or discoloured.
- A tooth that has a large filling that has worn down over time and a crown is needed to restore the tooth’s strength and shape.
- A tooth is part of a dental bridge or dental implant.
What are the types of dental crowns?
There are a few different types of permanent dental crowns to suit different needs and budgets. The choice of material for a dental crown depends on several factors, including the location of the tooth, the amount of tooth structure that needs to be restored, the patient’s individual needs and preferences, and the cost of the treatment. Your dentist can help you choose the best material for your individual needs.
The different types of dental crowns are:
All Ceramic or Porcelain,
If you think you may need a dental crown, it is best to book a consultation with one of our friendly dentists to determine the best course of treatment for your individual needs.
Health funds accepted
It’s easy to #openup when all major health funds are accepted.
Doctor's Health Fund